Wednesday, June 24, 2009

FRIDAY GReen day shopping AT ABS CBN HUB

I didn't expect to spend, but I splurged.
it was for a good cause though.

I discovered that when you spend for something that benefits others and yourself, this two pronged objective justifies the money taken out.

In this case, I was going to gym, when I chanced upon this friday fair. All the products are eco friendly as they said. Offerings were varied. But I got the following:
1. Malunggay foodies- I didnt know what malunggay was like. .. until, I tasted malunggay shoestring chips at the Echo store. This stall, also had other malunggay snack variants, such as the shrimp kropek, sweet corn bits, banana chip malunggay, sesame seed cookies, fortune cookies as well. They set out samples of the food in front of the products to invite passersby to taste.
I bought two each of the foods and they were really tasty and inexpensive, they are perfect as small gifts and tokens, as their clear plastic packaging has printed designs that make it look very presentable.
2. Eco bag- made from sako, these beige bags came in body bad with strap, a carry all shoulder bag and a lady's style crumpler design open bag. I got a number of it to give as dad's day gifts. Plus they also gave me several green environment saving theme buttons for placing on the bags. I even had a picture with them.
3. Bamboo craft- it took me a while to decide, but I bought this foldable side table/laptop mini tablt from Ding Perez, the entrepreneur for 700 bucks, the bigger version, in maroon. He was selling a 580 peso version which was smaller, but i only got to pay today,and the price for the bigger piece was 700 since I had no smaller bills. So far, since Sunday I picked it up at Legaspi market, I had been using it as an alternate laptop stand beside my beb.
4. unique body washes and soaps- all variety of soaps on display along with some liquid and semi solid body scrubs. I got Barako coffee, dark chocolate and greentea/peppermint scrub. Very very good smelling!
5-7. I didnt get the leatherette covered organizers and small bric a bracs but they are quite elegant and understated. Herbal toothpaste, cheap but not yet .

No comments:

Post a Comment