Thursday, July 2, 2009

MANG INASAL- Ayala Ave. food review



I have always been faithful in my conquests.

chicken inasal is ONE of them.

Now, I venture on my Friday lunch out towards the Mang Inasal resto at the white Romanesque-style building along Ayala beside RSC where the Hyundai office is. Located on the second floor, M.I. shares the floor with Karate Kid, Binalot and other eateries.

It mainly caters to the working denizens along Ayala, and so the lunch hour was packed, with queues everywhere.

My goal was to redeem one of my free meals from a popular credit card company, and I was prepared to be inconvenience. Going to a fast food restaurant isn't a breeze during the noon time, so I endured a waiting in line time of ten minutes, before I flashed my charge slip and ordered camote fries and beef sinigang ( it isn't obvious I am hungry no?)

Thumbs up for :
1. The order taking was quick.
2. Each diner was given a number on a long bbq stick, so waiters can quickly give orders to diners as needed.
3. Food was piping hot, and meets the expectation of saucy, juicy chicken barbeque.
4. A tall pitcher of H2O satisfied diners' thirst.
5. Unlimited Rice!
6. The takeout of my camote fries was wrapped in foil and quickly served.

thumbs down:
1. food servers looked harried and toxic.
2. Witnessed a food server slam the stock room door at her colleague for unknown reasons and it was unpleasant.
3. One food server almost slipped as she stepped on an oil slick.
4. Orders were queued long and many diners were unhappy.
5. There was inadequate food delivery as my order was not complete when my number was carried off.
6. There was lack of coordination of the servers and the dispatcher, making for long delays.
7. Only one cleaner cleared tables, and three food servers going around, one griller also for many diners.
8. Only one cashier taking all the orders.

Overall, if you are willing to wait, the inasal is really worth waiting for, but the service is wanting for improvement.

Improvements can be done by all servers exercising extra courtesy and meeting customer needs on time.

Food wise, I comment on the sinigang, it tastes good, there were a total of 3 bite sized beef cubes in the sour broth. The chicken was again, sweet and tangy in its bbq sauce, while the meat was tender and addicting to eat . Dipping the white meat in a combination of calamansi, soy sauce, vinegar and chili drops made the experience quite satisfying though one has to truly wash hands afterwards.

I rate this restaurant, on a scale of 1to 1 to 4, with 4 being the highest, it merits a 2, because it took me an hour to finish my meal there and in the lunch hour, services and attention has to be improved to better customer repeat visits.

5 comments:

  1. hey, masarap nga sa mang inasal. parang sa makati ave ata ito. hehehe... anyways, i love the atmosphere there. it gives you the fastfood-cum-fine dining experience. mura lang ang food. i love their chicken recipe. nomnomnom....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to eat there back in my residency since there is branch near the hospital. Actually, some of the med reps even buy us lunch from them. hehehe...

    I like eating there, but like what you said, there are some downs. Well, you can't please everyone.

    Overall: I would still recommend it

    Z

    ReplyDelete
  3. MY DISGUSTING FIRST TIME AT MANG INASAL!!!


    Nainvite lang ako ng one of my colleagues na kuain sa Mang inasal actually it was my first time to try their food while we were already eating after waiting for years to serve the food I've noticed something sa chicken ko I was gonna ignore it and enjoy the food pero ng usisain ko kung ano yung mukhang burned skin ng chicken I was so shocked its a half burned fly walang sabi sabi I rush to nearest rest room to throw up and came back to my seat my friend asking me what happen to me, pinakita ko sakanya yung natuklasan ko sa chicken na kinakain ko nagulat sya di kasi namin akalain na may langaw dun sa chicken..sana nga naluto na lang yung langaw para di ko na talaga nalaman na langaw yun kaya lang obviuos e, I immediately approach the manager and try to tell him secretly about the chicken na may langaw but he did is he just take my plate and without saying anything he left and when he came back he gave me another serving of the chicken with the same plate at sinabi nya sakin na sir di naan langaw yun nasunog na balat ng manok lang daw I know nakita nya langaw yun at gagawin nya pa kong tanga, gusto kong magalit ng time na yun pero di na lang sinabi ko na lang sa manager na "alam kong alam mo na langaw yung nasa chicken" nakasimangot yung manager wala na din akong magawa dahil wala na yung evidence malamang tinapon nya na, umalis nalng kame ng friend ko at nawala na yung gutom namin

    sabi ko sa sarili ko "I WILL NEVER EVER GOING TO EAT IN ANY BRANCH OF MANG INASAL AND I'M GONNA TELL ALL MY FRIENDS ABOUT IT".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Try eating at the following Chicken Inasal restos if you like:

    Aida's Inasal at Makati Cinema Square
    Chicken House at Pasay Road near Walter Mart Pasong Tamo
    JT Chicken Inasal (by Joel Torre)
    Bacolod Chicken Inasal

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe you can try Binalot next time? They have a promo right now: http://tinyurl.com/4yjtx4c

    ReplyDelete