Monday, May 25, 2009

After a morning of two successive meetings and another in the afternoon, I felt quite bowled over by the topics. Not to mention I was getting dry eyes, and drowsiness forced me to take a nap in the car after a quick lunch inside the parking lot. And my car does not have a decent airconditioning, so it was a fairly warm nap for me, and I was forcibly reluctant to get up back to office to catch the meeting,....which I DIDNT know was in progress, about the performance evaluation parameters called the Ipad.

so back to my desk, I was thinking what I can do to boost my brand, and help it really sell.

Then I opened my email. And saw this article from the integrated marketingwebsite, and it talks about how the series "LOST" can give valuable lessons about marketing.

In a nutshell, these are the insights:

1. Make sure you share the story behind your brand so you can give people a reason to believe in it.
2. If you have something complicated to sell, get creative about how you can simplify it.

3. Don't ignore your critics, but don't change your strategy because of them either.

4. Having an ending is important - even if it's just a campaign that ends so you can start a new one.

http://rohitbhargava.typepad.com/weblog/2009/05/untangling-your-brand-4-marketing-lessons-from-lost.html

I will post some more insights about marketing soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment