Friday, May 22, 2009

Quest for glory

"Hey , I saw what you wrote ha, it's on page 12!"
Hearing these words are music to my ears. I love writing. Before the age of blogs, the only way to see your writing in public is in print.
The first time I had my writing in print was when i was around the age of eight, actually it was insignificant, just something posted up the bulletin board.
Now, to a kid who has been a new transferee to a big school, classrooms are as big as they get, and the bulletin board is the equivalent of the discussion area, the IT thing, to have your works posted there is a bid achievement.
But it was not after a while when I was introduced into the world of journalism. Writing is a more serious business here actually. BUT, I didn't write, I worked as a copyreader. (Ironic considering I am so impatient with details). And that copyreading stint was what helped propel me in the world of newspapering.
Of course, my procrastinating spirit kep me from venturing into the nitty gritty of journalism, such as news, features or let alone editorials.
So, I stuck on, and it was only in my college days, again I joined the College of Science Journal, where I learned to write my first news story, my features on science, interviewing people for my articles, that I got to write once again.
The high time to be creative only stirred once more when I joined the Varsitarian. I contributed my bit to the inspirational compilation called Heaven's Kitchen. It was a short writing about struggles to do good.
Then again I ventured into science and technology . It can get tiring actually to write geeky stuff, so I dipped my brush into the literary section, I helped put together a tribute to a poetess/painter who took her life for art's sake.
The age of blogging opened new possibilities for me, The NET gave so many chances to write and be see.
That is why I have this blogspot to celebrate what I saw and put down my observations.

No comments:

Post a Comment