Why would I want a MAC?
It is because I am convinced, to be excellent, we need a good mind, a sound purpose..and the ultimate tool to achieve our goals.
THE MAC meets this criteria, I mean why would my church use Macbooks when there are many Windows based PCs, more affordable and more accessible available?
It must say something then about the choice of what gadget to use.
Excellent gadgets deserve to be utilized by people of excellence.
I hope the price is excellently within reach as well.
Updates to follow on this.
I got the following article and pictures from my NET research.
Actually, it is a secret research for someone I do care for.
apple website, sulit.com.ph and wikipedia
To build something truly different, you need to work in a truly different way. Apple designers and engineers work together through every stage of product development. It’s a partnership that makes innovation possible. And it’s exactly how the new MacBook Pro was created. With its breakthrough unibody enclosure, industry-first features, and environmentally sound design, it’s a revolution in the way notebooks are made.
• 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 3MB on-chip shared L2 cache running 1:1 with processor speed
• 15.4-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen display, 1440-by-900 resolution
• 320GB 5400-rpm Serial ATA hard drive
• 4GB (two 2GB SO-DIMMs) of 1066MHz DDR3 memory; two SO-DIMM slots support up to 8GB• NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT graphics processor; and NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics processor with 256MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory
• 8x slot-loading SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
• Dual display and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 2560 by 1600 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors
• Built-in iSight camera
• Built-in full-size backlit keyboard with 78 (U.S.) or 79 (ISO) keys
• Multi-Touch trackpad for precise cursor control; supports two-finger scrolling, pinch, rotate, swipe, three-finger swipe, four-finger swipe, tap, double-tap, and drag capabilities
• Mini DisplayPort
• Gigabit Ethernet port
• One FireWire 800 port (up to 800 Mbps)
• Mini DisplayPort
• Two USB 2.0 ports (up to 480 Mbps)
• SD card slot
• Audio in/out
• Kensington lock slot
• Built-in AirPort Extreme Wi-Fi wireless networking2 (based on IEEE 802.11n draft specification); IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible• Built-in Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)
• Built-in 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45 connector)
• Built-in stereo speakers
• Built-in omnidirectional microphone
• Height: 0.95 inch (2.41 cm)
• Width: 14.35 inches (36.4 cm)
• Depth: 9.82 inches (24.9 cm)
• Weight: 5.5 pounds (2.49 kg)
• Built-in 73-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery: lasts up to 7 hours and can be recharged up to 1000 times
• Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard (includes iTunes, Time Machine, Quick Look, Spaces, Spotlight, Dashboard, Mail, iChat, Safari, Address Book, QuickTime, iCal, DVD Player, Photo Booth, Front Row, Xcode Developer Tools)
• iLife ’09 (includes iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD, iWeb, GarageBand
• 1 year Applecare warranty
What’s In The Box:
• MacBook Pro
• Display cleaning cloth
• 85W MagSafe Power Adapter, AC wall plug
• Power Cord
• Install/restore DVDs
• Printed and electronic documentation